In 2016 I worked in San Francisco as SVP of Engineering for a company in the solar industry. It was tons of fun, and I learned a lot about how American companies do business in Silicon Valley.
We set out on an ambitious plan to introduce AI in the solar power industry. We rolled out an architecture that could support the entire sales process, from the initial customer contact to having panels on the roof. We hosted everything on Microsoft Azure and crossed all the classic architecture boxes: a layered service-oriented architecture, REST-based, with a message queue for asynchronous API calls, and a component-based design for easy upgradability.
Designing complex system architectures is not as hard as it seems, and in this course I’ll walk you through the entire process. We will not only focus on architecture design patterns, but also on soft skills. Which traits do executives love to see in the architects they work with? What extra responsibilities can an architect take on in a project to really make a difference?
Would you like to find out?
‘Explains the ideal situation, identifies challenges and makes recommendations about how to be a change agent to start/fix/rebuild a software organization.’
‘If you are a solution architect, I recommend going through this course, You will see the big picture and understand the life cycle of architecture in an easy way with Mark’
‘Having recently been assigned the position of Solutions Architect, this course provided a means of understanding the crucial responsibilities and expectations of the role.’
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS COURSE
The course covers how the architect Operates In An IT Team, which Soft Skills are required to become an outstanding architect, and which Extra Responsibilities you can take on to really make an impression on your peers.
I will also teach you how to Create Great Architectures, we will discuss all common Architecture Design Patterns, and I will also show you how to design these patterns in UML. And we’re going to look at all important design- and runtime Quality Attributes. Finally, we’ll take a closer look at three Systemwide Concerns: caching, exception management, and deployment scenarios.
In the course, you will learn:
– core software team roles
– responsibilities and personality traits of great architects
– common pitfalls for architects
– key principles and guidelines for software architectures
– how to design architectures with UML
– a handy process for designing architectures
– layered architecture patterns
– structural architecture patterns
– presentation architecture patterns
– service architecture patterns
– hybrid architecture patterns
– how to design great layered-, component-, and service-oriented architectures
– how to design for run-time and design-time quality attributes
– how to plan for caching, exceptions, and deployment
By the end of the course, you’ll have a very clear picture of what it takes to become an outstanding solution architect.
Are you interested? You get lifelong access to all content, and if you’re unhappy with the course for any reason, I’ll give you a 30-day full refund.
The Architect And The Team
– Software Team Roles
– The Functional Analyst
– The Lead Developer
– The Solution Architect
What Makes A Great Architect?
– The Architect Job Description
– Responsibilities Of Great Architects
– Personality Traits Of Great Architects
– Common Pitfalls For Architects
Designing A Software Architecture
– What Is A Software Architecture?
– Key Principles Of Software Architectures
– Guidelines For Software Architectures
– Introduction To UML
– Seven Popular UML Diagrams (free preview!)
– Designing Architectures With UML
– The Process For Designing Architectures
Architecture Design Patterns
– Layered Architecture Patterns (free preview!)
– Structural Architecture Patterns
– Presentation Architecture Patterns
– Service Architecture Patterns
– Hybrid Architecture Patterns
Designing Layers, Components, And Services
– Choosing The Right Patterns
– Designing Layered Architectures
– Designing Component Architectures
– Designing Service-Oriented Architectures
– Design Quality Attributes
– Run-time Quality Attributes
– Planning For Caching
– Planning For Exceptions
– Planning For Deployment
– The course starts when you enroll
– You can take as long as you like to complete the course
– You have Lifelong Access to all content
– You are or used to be a software developer (any level)
– You are interested in becoming a (better) Solution Architect
– Fluent in English
– An internet-connected computer
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
– Become aware of the skills and personality traits of great architects
– Understand the architecture design process
– Learn all common solution architecture patterns
– Learn how to design for quality attributes
– Learn how to design for cross-cutting concerns
Hour Response Time
You will receive Lifelong Access to all course content.
You can access our Facebook Community Group 24/7 and chat with the instructor team and your fellow students.
You can ask unlimited questions to the instructor team. This course offers response times of Under 24 Hours to all your inquiries.
- Three Month Payment Plan
- $45 p/m
- Two Month Payment Plan
- $65 p/m
- One-Time Payment
I am a blogger, investor, serial entrepreneur, and the author of 11 successful IT courses in the Udemy marketplace. My career spans over two decades during which I’ve been a Founder twice and CTO three times, and I have launched two lean startups in The Netherlands.
I became a Microsoft Certified Trainer in 2005 and started training classes in .NET development, web design, and Microsoft back-office servers. Today I use my extensive knowledge of IT to help CTO’s, architects, and other tech professionals with their leadership, communication, and technical skills.
I hold MCSA and MCSD certifications from Microsoft and am a certified Microsoft Trainer and Scrum master. I also speak fluent English, Dutch, and German.