Not so long ago I worked for a technical company in the USA. I had loads of fun and I learned a lot about how American companies do business. But it wasn’t an easy job.
My predecessor had implemented everything in Salesforce with layer upon layer of customizations. The IT system was complicated, disorganized, and extremely unstable. The system would fail almost daily, and years of this had turned the entire organization against the IT department.
I arrived in a hostile environment and had to defend myself daily from contemptuous and condescending stakeholders.
Looking back, I realize I had underestimated the job. And so I decided to put together a CTO workout routine – a set of exercises that will help me and my fellow CTO’s ace their job every time.
Are you interested?
‘This content is awesome. There is no filler or fluff; everything is to the point with just the right amount of detail delivered at the perfect pace.’
‘Excellent and to-the-point! If you’re in any position where you need to delegate to some, and report back to others, I can highly recommended this course!’
‘great course which offers useful information for CTOs; I’ve personally encountered a lot of the described scenarios and it was good to see the input from more experienced people’
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS COURSE
In this course, I will guide you through the first 30 days of your honeymoon period. We will start by covering how to get yourself into the Right Mindset for the job, with an extensive 10-day starter prep. You will learn how to detach yourself from your previous job, how to build a network quickly, and how to show up for work asking the right questions.
Then I’ll teach you how to Gain Situational Awareness. You will learn how to identify stakeholders, find out what they expect, and discover how they hold power over you. We will also look at how your team creates value and how this value flows through the organization. This will help you become aware of the political environment you’ve landed in.
Finally, we will look at Your Team And Your Process. We will walk through an idealized agile development process, and compare it against your reality. This will help you do a SWOT analysis and identify new opportunities to get your team to a higher level.
In the course, you will learn:
– how to onboard yourself
– how to get to know your team
– how to pick your agile method
– how to check if anything is on fire
– how to identify your stakeholders
– how your team creates value
– what you and your team have to prove
– how to define your goals
– how to check the sprint backlog
– how to review the build process
– how to hold a fire drill
– how to do a SWOT analysis
And much more!
By the end of the course, you’ll be well on your way to make your CTO honeymoon period a resounding success.
Are you interested? You get lifelong access to all content, and if you’re unhappy with the course for any reason, I’ll give you a 30-day full refund.
Week 1: Get Off To A Good Start
– Day 1: Get Your Act Together
– Day 2: Don’t Underestimate The Job
– Day 3: Onboard Yourself
– Day 4: Get To Know Your Team
– Day 5: Set Up Your Toolbox
– Day 6: Pick Your Agile Method
– Day 7: Build Your Speed-Dial List
– Day 8: Is Anything On Fire?
– Day 9: Write Down Your Ambitions
– Day 10: Hit The Ground Running
Week 3: Gain Situational Awareness
– Day 11: Enjoy The Honeymoon
– Day 12: Who Are Your Stakeholders? (free preview!)
– Day 13: What Matters To Your Stakeholders?
– Day 14: What Matters To Your Team?
– Day 15: How Does Your Team Create Value?
– Day 16: How Does Value Flow In Your Organization?
– Day 17: What Does Your Team Have To Prove?
– Day 18: What Do You Have To Prove? (free preview!)
– Day 19: Define Your Goals
– Day 20: Create Your Plan
Week 5: Build A Well-Oiled Machine
– Day 21: Map Your Servers
– Day 22: List Your Application Licenses
– Day 23: Check Out The Backlog
– Day 24: Sprint With The Team
– Day 25: Review The Build Process
– Day 26: Hold A Fire Drill
– Day 27: Test The Helpdesk
– Day 28: Test The QA Department
– Day 29: Do A SWOT Analysis
– Day 30: Update Your Plan
– The course starts when you enroll
– You can take as long as you like to complete the course
– You have Lifelong Access to all content
– You are a CTO or aspiring to become a CTO
– You want to do an outstanding job
– Fluent in English
– An internet-connected computer
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
– Get yourself into the right mindset
– Gain situational awareness of your business environment
– Understand how your team and process works
– How to ace your first month as CTO
Hour Response Time
You will receive Lifelong Access to all course content.
You can access our Facebook Community Group 24/7 and chat with the instructor team and your fellow students.
You can ask unlimited questions to the instructor team. This course offers response times of Under 24 Hours to all your inquiries.
- Three Month Payment Plan
- $45 p/m
- Two Month Payment Plan
- $65 p/m
- One-Time Payment
I am a blogger, investor, serial entrepreneur, and the author of 11 successful IT courses in the Udemy marketplace. My career spans over two decades during which I’ve been a Founder twice and CTO three times, and I have launched two lean startups in The Netherlands.
I became a Microsoft Certified Trainer in 2005 and started training classes in .NET development, web design, and Microsoft back-office servers. Today I use my extensive knowledge of IT to help CTO’s, architects, and other tech professionals with their leadership, communication, and technical skills.
I hold MCSA and MCSD certifications from Microsoft and am a certified Microsoft Trainer and Scrum master. I also speak fluent English, Dutch, and German.